Monday, March 20, 2023

Proggers, editing begins

  hey blog. I finally started to edit, and I decided that I would start with editing the outside portions. One of the biggest issues that I found was that there is a huge fan or AC unit that is going off in the background that is literally ear plowing . The people who had helped me film ren and Virginia did not bring microphones so we kind of just worked with the camera… Also I’m not good at this stuff this is my first time really being behind the camera just me. I knew that there would be a way to fix this in adobe premiere. I found this YouTube video that really helped me see what I could do to remove background noise. The video told me how to access the audio workstation, and showed me tricks to highlight the dialogue of my characters like turning up with the denoise and the dehum. 





still though the audio became very underwater-ish, and I wasn’t satisfied with the quality of it. As I was looking around the workstation I saw a preset option, and then this preset option I had clicked balanced mail just to try it, and though it didn’t do much to do a little. I toyed with the D noise and Dion moving them up and down again and it did lower the underwater feeling of the audio. I went back to look at the preset and what I found that was great was there was an option called dialogue with noisy background. I applied this and immediately the sound became much better, the thing is it just got a little quiet because I think when I was trying to take away the background noise it also lessened the speakers volume. I decided that I would finish this export it, and put it in my final draft or another draft where I would be able to treat it like an individual clip like one that I had filmed. To get the volume up I turn the decibels almost all the way up for the entire beginning except for the wide shot that is strictly no dialogue and just a hum. Nobody needs to hear a hum absolutely raging in their ears, and there was really no point since I was only adjusting audio so that dialogue could be better understood. here are the final settings that I left at. Although challenging and frustrating at the beginning, I definitely found my way around the issue and learned valuable audio skills.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here are my creative critical reflections. Enjoy:) HOT ONES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLiA-usJeo ONE DUDE IN WONDERLAND https://anc...